And that’s because our patients benefit from the collaborative efforts of Well Women practitioners, progressive medical doctors and our online fertility course, The Seed Fertility Program!
Our high success rate includes women who conceived naturally from our combined approach of acupuncture, herbs, and The Seed Fertility Program, as well as women who incorporated our holistic methodology into their Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) protocols.
Since 2001, more than 1,300 healthy children have been born as a result!
How does acupuncture help improve fertility?
- Acupuncture increases blood flow to the ovaries, which provides the optimal conditions necessary to improve egg quality and increase follicle count.
- Acupuncture improves blood circulation within the uterine lining to promote successful implantation.
- Acupuncture reduces the side effects of medications used in IVF protocols and Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) procedures.
- Acupuncture decreases uterine contractions, which encourages implantation and prevents miscarriage.
- Acupuncture reduces the stress of trying to get pregnant.
- Acupuncture helps to balance the immune system and supports general health.
How can acupuncture help with IVF Protocols?
Acupuncture is used to help optimize the conditions within IVF protocols. At Well Women, we work with women from the beginning of their IVF protocol, starting in the suppression phase, with weekly acupuncture treatment suggested through the stimulation protocol, for pain relief and swelling after egg retrieval, and until the time of transfer. Our practitioners are available on an outcall basis to accompany women to their transfer site for acupuncture before and after embryo transfer.
Fertility-related conditions treated at Well Women Acupuncture include:
- Stress-related infertility
- Elevated FSH
- Poor response to ART stimulation
- Habitual miscarriage
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Autoimmune antibodies
- Cycle irregularity
- Anxiety / depression
- Side effects of hormone treatments
Does Well Women Acupuncture treat men to increase fertility?
If a man has been diagnosed with a low sperm count or motility problems, acupuncture and herbs may be highly beneficial, particularly prior to any lab-assisted fertility procedures. We often treat our patients’ partners, and have found this to contribute to successful pregnancy.
What is The Seed Fertility Program and how does it help improve fertility?
Seed is a doctor-endorsed online course created by Danica Thornberry, founder of Well Women Acupuncture, in response to the dietary and emotional needs of her fertility patients. The Seed Program teaches women how to improve their fertility by incorporating holistic changes in diet, lifestyle and thinking. The Seed Program helps women who are trying to conceive after miscarriage, who are wondering, “Should I freeze my eggs?”, who are doing IVF because they have blocked fallopian tubes or are experiencing unexplained infertility.